Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lawyer: Beheading planned in Saudi sorcery case

This article informs the readers about a man named Ali Hussain Sibat who is sentenced to death by the Saudi Arabian government for committing the crime of sorcery. He is sent to be beheaded tomorrow, however his lawyer is not giving up. Sibat is the former TV host for a popular call-in show. In his show he would tell the future and give advice to his audience on air. During his visit to Saudi Arabia in May of 2008, he was arrested by the religious police on the charges of sorcery. He was put on trial in November of 2009 and found guilty. Sibat's lawyer told CNN that Sibat will appeal the verdict for the second time.

Sorcery. I seem to remember people believing in sorcery about a billion years ago! To arrest a man for committing sorcery is wrong but to sentence him to be BEHEADED is a little insane. Honestly how many people try to predict the future or give advice to the world... a lot. And how many of them are right? Slim to none my friends slim to none. I myself am starting to wonder if these judges even checked to see if his so called "predictions" turned out to be true, and if they turned out to be false..well than that's kinda embarrassing. This man was not even living in Saudi Arabia he was just visiting to preform the Islamic religious pilgrimage known as Urma. To me this guy sounds honest. He has a wife, looks like two kids from the picture.. those kids don't want to see their father's head cut off! Those types of things only happen in movies! If it were up to me, I would for sure let the guy go with his head attached and than have him tell me my future.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/03/31/saudi.arabia.sorcery/index.html?hpt=Sbin

No comments:

Post a Comment